Thursday 22 February 2007

Kirin のどごし

Yesterday was my first day of training to be an English teacher; after which we all went out for drinks at Shooters, an American bar in the city. I was drinking Heineken there, which doesn't really deserve mentioning here. I watched some of the Japan - USA under 21 football, which was interesting to watch, especially in a bar full of Japanese and Americans.
So, today's beer is Kirin Nodogoshi. The can proudly claims that "Kirin's brewing technology elaborates the NODOGOSHI", whatever that means. The scent isn't as strong as the Asahi, and the colour a slightly deeper gold. The taste is quite smooth and light. It's another one which isn't particular fizzy (perhaps that's my fridge?) and the head swiftly disappears. It's flowing down my gullet pretty quickly, which is always a good sign; thought perhaps relates more to the fact that I've had a hard day training. The trainers gave us a set of Monty Python sketches to read out and since I'm the only Brit, I used a variety of silly voices. I finished the day with an observation of an adult class. There was only one student so it was perhaps a bit intimidating for her with two men in the room, but she held her own and seemed pretty happy at the end. I also met some kids who were probably a bit scared of the tall white guy towering over them, but to be honest, I'm more scared of them, they're so unpredictable!
Getting back to the beer, I'm feeling pretty good about it; I'd have it again (which is good, since I have 5 more cans in the fridge). If you see it in a shop near you it's worth checking out.
Next time I'm going to try and find a more Japanesy bar and sample somthing draught, with more pictures.

Details: Kirin Nodogoshi. 5%. 350ml.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I see it I will try it!!

Good to hear you're scaring little Japanese kids already!!

Unknown said...

...Also, if you could mybe put a picture of some of the beer in the glass next to the can, that would help our overall beer appreciation experience! ;)